The ReSolute project will scale a unique process to create an entirely new value chain. It will use cellulosic biomass to produce the platform molecule levoglucosenone (LGO) and its derivative Cyrene™, a safe and high performing biosolvent, and convert waste by-products for beneficial utilisation.
- To build and successfully operate a first operate a first of its kind Flagship Plant sustainably producing a bio-based building block – levoglugosenone (LGO) – and the high performing solvent CyreneTM with a capacity of 1,000 metric tons per year
- To cover the whole value chain from feedstock supply to the production of high value-added products
- To valorise CyreneTM production residues – bio-char – by converting them into activated carbons instead of burning them
- To create local jobs in rural and peri-urban areas
- To reduce the dependance on non-renewable resources with a circular production process that delivers new products with improved environmental performance that are safer for human health
- To operate the plant as a truly integrated biorefinery converting biomass into a variety of products, generating no waste and with extremely low water demand